Monday, January 11, 2010

I Shall Call You "Patience"

Your eyes they tell a story
love lost and broken hearts
yet your words tend to digress
and dilute the painful parts
you never let another see
the safe-room in your soul
and even one that had the key
just couldn't find the hole
I've watched you and I've listened
as they sneak around your door
your eyes they always glistened
as they fell upon the floor


I've danced upon the edge
of that precipice as well
and yet I choose to stand
and beside you I still dwell
I won't be taken by the lust
or the yearning for your body
to me you're much too smart for that
and more than just some hottie
you're a spitfire with intelligence
and those who try are doomed
nary a one ever had a chance
their mistake was they assumed
that your beauty overcame your wit
and they'd have a chance at winning
they had no idea of your intent
to torture them and keep grinning
and you don't ever give in
when temptations do abound
and no matter what the quandary
you always stand your ground


You're a force that I look up to
and I just have to smile
as you dance around such danger
with giddiness of a child
but I can see the inside
the part you think is closed
not a single person enters
in that room, no one goes
you'll argue to the death
of the emptiness in you
but I know that someday
you'll want to share that view
whoever gets to see it
had better be for real
or I know beyond a doubt
he'll be your next meal


So I watch and listen quietly
and enjoy the little games
I won't be one of those
you torture, beat, and maim
I'll stand beside you faithfully
and stay your lifelong friend
and if you ever let me in
i'll be in there till the end.






[She's definitely a force to be reckoned with. Ask around.]

1 comment:

  1. The differences in our handling of verse further highlights the uniqueness that will be added to our own diversity. Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. And thanks for spending so much time talking to me the other day; I appreciate your efforts to keep me dancing on the precipice with you. Damned curiousity! Aye, there's the rub.

    ReplyDelete