Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Locked

i feel it coming, inevitably
it crawls up like a fog
my heart it races instantly
i race into my blog
the typing instant without thought
yet still i cannot see
so i close my eyes again
why can't i let them be
these futile grains of hope
and yearning in my dreams
the one who share my passions
my fears to their extremes
it's simple yet impossible
to tell her what im feeling
i blink my eyes and sigh again
my heart again sent reeling
she has no clue, no idea at all
that i'm crying like a child
why can't she be herself again
why choose to be so wild
i know inside she's innocent
and truthful, whole, and pure
she'd rather not let someone in
to break her heart some more
if i could tell her how i feel
and kick this stupid fear
this fog, this pain, this loneliness
this drowning in my beer
would all be gone, just history
i'd fly with her in love
to places poets write about
up in the skies above
alas, her freedom beckons her
she pulls away once more
i just can't watch her crash again
this time, i lock the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment