Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wondering

your heart can be mistaken

and overpower you

and lead you to be foolish

and stuck without a clue

of how love can just disappear

and tear your world apart

the want, the need, of someone here

that feeling in your heart

without that love, it's all a game

and just a waste of time

and no, it's not me who's to blame

it's you that did this crime

you told me you were different

told me you're not the same

you told me you'd be there for me

yet filled me up with shame

for doubting you were honest

for thinking you would lie

but wow, it hit me like a brick

how quick you said goodbye

and so i sit here writing this

and wonder if somehow

my heart will ever forget you

cuz my head just don't know how.

so tell me now what should i do

since it seems you're over me

how did you close your heart so fast

and decide to just be free

i wish i could see inside of there

to know just how you did it

cuz mine is kinda broken now

i really should have hid it

and kept that wall up constantly

and never let you in

cuz i've got to start over now

and don't know where to begin

so fly, my angel, and don't look back

i want you to be free

i'd rather sit here wondering

than love who won't love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment